Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial with Tara

Good morning friends! I hope your week is starting off fantastic. It's Tara here today sharing a mini album tutorial I made with July's GraceBox kit. I wanted to make a mini album that was a little book of God's truths. It's easy to get caught up with the everyday busyness, that we forget God's grace and mercies. This mini album is going to a friend to help encourage her in the happy and tough days.


I'm making the exact style of accordion album as I did here. Thanks to the original creator, Stephanie Bryan, I recreated it once more. This is one of my favourite stash busters - I used a lot of papers, embellishments, stamps, and washi tape I already owned.

The first step is to pick a 12x12 piece of patterned paper and cut it into 3 4 inch high strips. Next, score your 4x12 piece of paper every 3 inches. I'm using one of the older exclusive Citrus Twist Kits paper from a main kit.


I decided to only use 2 strips of paper for this mini album. Finally, attach the ends together! Then comes the fun part - decorate to your heart's desire.

Here is the finished cover:

Here are a few of the accordion pages.
 

Some up close shots of each page:
 I wanted to make this mini album interactive. I tucked this bible verse into some layered papers.


Flip up the paper cluster to reveal two more verses.

I cut down one of the bible journaling cards down as a tip in.

I added a small little sentiment on the bottom.



Pull out the yellow piece of paper and find the "amen" sentiment from the Scripture Doodles stamp.

This was a cute die cut from a past GraceBox kit.

I added the small glassine bag from the kit layered on top of patterned paper. I'm going to add a special note inside.

Here is the back half of the accordion mini album.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope this mini album inspires you to make one for documenting life, writing down bible verses, or other fun things you would like to remember.

Xxo, Tara

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute and such a sweet idea for a little friend gift!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan thank you so much! I hope she will love it as much as you do. It was so fun to make, xx

    ReplyDelete