Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Pocket Life with Jodie King

Hi everyone, it’s Jodie with you today and I’m CTK’s guest designer for July!  I’m sharing two Pocket Life spreads that I’ve created with the July “Right Now” Pocket Life kit and the This Is Life "Narrative" stamp set today.


My first layout documents a special weekend spent with my sisters interstate. I had more photos than usual so I’ve added a 4x6 insert to the page, and just because I love the Heidi Swapp alphas in this months PL kit so much, I’ve also added an extra acetate insert for a layering effect this week.





To make this super simple journalling card I trimmed some white cardstock that I had printed my journalling to size on, then corner rounded the top two corners.  I then centred this on the lower edge of patterned paper trimmed to 3x4 inches.  It would have been fine left like that but this gorgeous wood veneer just added a finishing touch, and I stapled it in place with my tiny attacher.



I just love the exclusive chipboard stickers in the PL kit this moth!  They have a beautiful gloss finish to them, and are so easy to pop out to add little details here and there on your projects, like this super cute star.



Here’s a close up of my acetate insert.  This is actually really easy to do, just by trimming some acetate to the size you need, punching a few holes on one side so that it can slip into your album, and then adhering your alphas!  I’ve also added a few patterned paper reinforcement rings punched from coordinating patterned paper.



And here’s a closeup of how the layers all look together.





My absolute favourite pieces of ephemera this month are the butterflies for sure!  For this filler card I’ve layered one of them with coordinating 6x6 papers from the kit, and one of the cute labels from the exclusive cut apart sheet.



And here’s the second page!





I was loving the circle theme going on with this page, so I went ahead and punched a few circles out of scraps to add to this journalling card as well as my gorgeous gold foiled chipboard sticker… and it’s true you know, us scrapbookers take photo’s like it’s our job right!?


And now for my second layout!



This week I’ve pulled all the softer colours from the kit and gone with a pastel colour palette.

And here’s the left page.




A super easy technique in your pocket pages is to add a sentiment right over the middle of a feature photo, rather than adding it to the side.  I’ve done that here with one of the sentiments from the cut apart sheet.

This just may be one of my favourite hand made filler cards this year right here!  I’ve used another butterfly from the ephemera pack as a jumping off point and add layers behind and in front of it.  I’ve also used some packaging from the kit to create a shaker pocket to back my black frame with.  You can just see the white glitter sparkling from behind the butterfly.



Have you ever made your own ephemera pins?  All you need is a regular paperclip and a small ephemera piece.  Tuck your paperclip where you’d like it to sit, and adhere the ephemera piece to the top of it, super simple and super sweet.



Whoa! If you’ve made it to the end of this post thanks for hanging in there - it was a super long one today!  Thanks for following along with my Guest Designer projects this month, and remember, if you’re thinking of signing up for a kit subscription with Citrus Twist Kits, now is the perfect time, with new reduced international postage on Pocket Life and Gracebox Kits for Canadian and International subscribers, and to get 25% off the first kit in a new Scrapbooking, Pocket Life or GraceBox subscription, just quote JODIEKGUEST in the Comments at checkout!

—Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment