Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Let's Get Digital: Trina Craig & Jodie King

Hi everyone! It's Jodie King, our fabulous July project life guest designer, and Trina Craig here today to share how we are using this month's free digital cut file. To download this free file visit our Facebook Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page.

Here is our cut file:



First up, it's Trina, sharing a flashback 6" x 8" mini layout using the July 2017 #rightnow scrapbooking kit.

Good Time Mini Layout by Trina Craig
This page was made using (mostly) the July scrapbook kit with a little of our July Pocket Life kit mixed in. I cut the digital file out twice on my Silhouette - once in white and once in red pattern paper - then layered the two cuts for a drop shadow-effect. The "On the Bright Side" exclusive paper featured heavily in this layout along with the following supplies:

  • The new Fringe Scissors from American Crafts (okay, not really a necessity but I have to say they made fringe cutting easy peasy!)
  • Heidi Swapp Sweet Mint Color Shine
  • The following stamps sets: July This Is Life "Narrative" stamp set, Detours stamp set 



Here are close-ups for you:


The Fringe Scissors made cutting this fringe take a few seconds. 


Here is a close-up showing the drop shadow-effect for the cut file.


Planner Play with Jodie King
Hi everyone!  It’s Jodie here with you today, and I’m the Citrus Twist Kits guest designer for July!  I’m playing with the “Right Now” Pocket Life Kit and the Narrative Stamp, and I have a planner spread to share using the sweet Good Time cut file that’s available on the CTK Fan Page.

This is week 29 in my Carpe Diem planner using horizontal weekly inserts, before I start adding my journaling.



A planner spread is an awesome way to use all those smaller pieces in your ephemera packs, in fact, the only patterned paper I’ve used on these pages is in the binder reinforcing strips.


We’re spending the entire weekend on a road trip in a town by the name of Emerald, so I’ve used the Heidi Swapp alphas from this month’s kit to span the two days that we’ll be in Emerald, and the little bit of Sunday morning before we head home.  I’ve clustered a few pieces of ephemera here but left plenty of room to add activities we’ll be doing on our trip and journalling about the weekend.



Carpe Diem planners aren’t dated, and my go-to stamp to date them is the Citrus Twist Kits Numbers Stamp, which you can find in the CTK store.




The Narrative Stamp has a bunch of fun quotes and also some cute icons.  I’ve stamped the heart icons by the entry for my daughter’s 22nd birthday and then the check-box with options like adventure, hilarious, action-packed, on the day that we’re doing our 9 hour road-trip.  You never can tell just how a road-trip like that is going to end up, so I’m planning on waiting to see how that goes before I tick an option ha!  

I’ve cut the cut the cut file in matching cardstock and layered it with a few of the ephemera pieces.  I love that it isn’t too bulky to fit in my planner!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! And remember, if you’re thinking of signing up for a kit subscription with Citrus Twist Kits, now is the perfect time, with new reduced international postage on Pocket Life and Gracebox Kits for Canadian and International subscribers, and to get 25% off the first kit in a new Scrapbooking, Pocket Life or GraceBox subscription, just quote JODIEKGUEST in the Comments at checkout!

Happy crafting!
Jodie & Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment