Saturday, July 1, 2017

July Guest Designer: Meet Jodie King

This month subscriber and pocket page scrapbooker Jodie King is joining us from Down Under. You may recognize Jodie from all of the beautifully crafted PL pages she posts on the Facebook Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page and on Instagram.

Meet Jodie!


I’m a 40 something empty nester from the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Australia. I first started paper-crafting in 2008 and currently my favourite scrapping format is Pocket Life, but I also love travellers notebooks and planners. I work as a manager in an accountancy firm, and while I love the technical side of my job, I just adore spending every spare minute I’m not at work indulging my artistic side, which for me is almost always papercraft.

Q&A:

  1. I’ve been documenting in pocket pages since 2013 when I saw some finished albums from one of Becky Higgins’ DT at the Brisbane Scrapbook Expo. I fell in love with pocket page albums for two main reasons. By putting photos in albums, it gets them off our smart phones! I’m also super passionate about recording the little every-day details that would otherwise get forgotten with the passage of time.
  2. My PL style is product driven, clean and simple overall, but also with layers and details on individual pockets. A spread of mine will always, always have some kind of stitching!
  3. That’s a hard one! I draw so much inspiration from the global scrapbooking community, but three of my absolute favourites that have influenced my style are Paige Evans, Mel Blackburn and Marie Lottermoser.
  4. Something that not many people know about me is that I love love love spicy food!  I would put chilli on everything if I could, and have been known to add it to a breakfast omelette ha!
  5. The thing that has helped me keep up with my PL the most is downsizing the size of my album.  I’ve been working in a 6x8 album the past two years and it seems to fit with the time I have to craft perfectly. A couple of other tips are to take advantage of pre-designed cards and to sketch a rough plan of your pockets and where photos and cards will be placed, before you start actually pulling  papers and embellishments out.
  6. I’m head over heals for the July #rightnow Pocket Life Kit!!  It has a super-fun bright colour palette, and the blues in the kit are almost denim or chambray like. CTK are knocking it out of the park with their exclusive designs, take this months gold foiled chipboard stickers for example, with gold foil pieces complimented with pops of bottle green and navy - they're just divine! The CTK Pocket Life kit always has the best combination of 6x6 paper, pocket life cards and ephemera.  I love that with the 6x6 paper this kit is fabulous for not just Pocket Life, but other projects like mini albums, travellers notebooks and planners, it’s just so versatile! And even better CTK now has awesome new international shipping pricing!!




Are you ready for a tour of my scrapbooking space? Here we go!


Like my scrap style, my scrap space is fairly clean and uncluttered. 


My scrap room doubles as our study, but that’s fine by me because it gives me quick access to my computer, regular printer, Picturemate photo printer, and Silhouette when I’m working on PL! 


My scrap desk is an Ikea Hemnes desk and add on unit, and this keeps all of my most-used products easily at hand. I also have both a high and low Alex drawer set  - the high one is the perfect height for my vintage Contessa typewriter to sit on. The computer desk is a vintage desk that I painted white and added some pretty crystal drawer knobs to, which I found at Zara Home.  



I’ve also recently added a small station for my sewing machine, which is an Ikea Norassen laptop table.  And lastly one of my very fave pieces in my scrap room is my Ikea chair that doubles as a study/scrap chair. It’s so comfortable and I love that it has wheels so I can scoot from one side of the room to the other!  Oh my goodness… what would I do without Ikea right?! 

Stay tuned for some of my July pocket pages. I'll be sharing them with you soon.

Jodie

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful space Jodie! It's so bright and clean! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete