Saturday, July 8, 2017

3 to Inspire

Hello! Michelle here with you on this lovely Saturday to issue this week's 3-to-inspire Challenge!   Your take on this challenge can be a layout, Traveler's Notebook page, Bible or faith journaling page, or even a pocket page.  Remember to include all 3 prompts on your projects.

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Use one punch two ways.
  2. Add layers.
  3. Use a neutral background.
For my take on the challenge I used the July "Mermaid" Add On Kit...


I had such a blast following along with these prompts! I used my favorite border punch to add another layer of color to the top of the paper and then I used it to add a little bit of interest to my white (neutral!) background by punching out a few strips from the leftover cardstock that I had after cutting it down to a 9x12. This is definitely a minor detail, but it really changed up the bottom half of my layout. To pull together my layers, I went with a mix of paper, diecuts, and embellishments. When it comes to choosing elements to layers I always look for a mix of colors, patterns, textures, and sizes.


Now it's your turn! Use the three prompts to create your own projects and share them with us here in the gallery and/or our Facebook Forum. You can also upload to Instagram, but remember to tag us @citrustwistkits. Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment