Thursday, June 8, 2017

In My Studio with Leigh

Hello crafty friends! I am so excited to reveal my new craft room, and share my creative space with you.



We just moved in and I have been working hard to get my craft room up and running. I did all the design and installation myself, except for the Sugar Paper LA desk above, that my husband helped me with. 


This craft room is smaller than my previous room, but my gold striped pegboard DIY project is still definitely a necessity. I used the new Heidi Swapp Gold Foil Flakes to foil the "Shine" word from Hello Heidi Wall Art line.  



The view from the doorway as you enter the room. For my craft room to work for me, I need to have separate stations or zones for each step in the creation process. The desk along the back wall features:
  • Computer zone for editing and printing photos and using the Silhouette Machine
  • Sewing and Heidi Swapp Minc machine station
  • often used supplies on the pegboard
  • Citrus Twist Kits Design Team binders and schedules 
  • printing supplies stored near printer
The Sugar Paper LA desk from Target in the center of the room features:
  • We R Memory Keepers Typecast Typewriter 
  • this month's CTK kit in the drawers 
  • adhesives and paper trimmers in the drawers


The back left plastic drawers hold paper scraps by color, and the wire cart next to it holds the Minc Foils and Bible Journaling supplies.



Inside the room looking back at the door, you can see my planning and Traveler's Notebook Station along that wall. Everything in the Michael's wall organizers above the desk is used for planning and Traveler's Notebook specific tasks. This planning and TN station features:
  • daily hand lettering supplies like brush pens and Rhodia paper pads 
  • planner stamps and inks
  • small scale punches
  • labels
  • page flags and Post-it Notes
  • favorite travel washi
  • rotary stamps
  • planners and TN's
  • monthly planning kit subscriptions 


Close up of the wall organizers. You can see my bullet proof( aka water proof ) Noodler's Inks for fountain pens, and travel related stamps. 



All my planner pens and highlighters are close by in the Michael's pen/marker storage, and some clear dollar store bins. 



Love the Heidi Swapp wall words, and I spray painted this one with my favorite gold spray paint by Rustoleum (from Wal-mart). Ikea Kallax unit here for scrapbook supplies. Lots of Heidi Swapp goodness here as well as past Citrus Twist Kits in large plastic storage bags inside the white bins. 



The closet holds tools and embellishments, and extra supplies like adhesives and paper trimmer blades. All my Project Life supplies are also stacked in here. I have white curtains and am waiting on the other half of my curtain rod to show up so I can hang them. :)




Inspiration wall above the computer. 


Details: 
Wall paint: Sherwin Williams Amazing Gray
Floors: Dal-tile Porcelain tile River Marble in Silver Springs 12x24 size
Modular Desks: Pottery Barn
Desk Lamp: West Elm
Clear plastic storage bins: Target( aqua lids) and Michael's


Thank you so much for stopping by to see my room reveal today! 
Hugs, Leigh




5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, now I want to come over and PLAY!!! Gorgeous. :) Totally pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady! :) That would be sooooo fun!:)

      Delete
  2. Sweet room. I got my IKEA unit for Mother's Day. Still haven't put it together yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Can you give some details on how you made your peg board?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krystyn! I have a tutorial for the pegboard on my blog here
    http://www.artfulleighcreative.com/2015/09/craft-room-organization-heidi-swapp.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete