Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial

"Hi everyone! It's Jessica here for the Tuesday Tutorial! Today, I'm going to show you how I incorporate and embellish ephemera into my yearly album using an insert.

As someone who has recently gone through the whole wedding planning process, I know the pain-staking time it takes to create wedding invitations. For that reason, I always save all the bits that come into the mail and add them as an insert for the week of the wedding. 

1. Determine the color scheme. My friend's wedding colors were purple and gold, but I love the way that the teal from the Oliver kit compliment the purple. I decided to incorporate that color along with the gold in the kit. 


2. Decide on the size of insert. Since wedding invites and ephemera vary in size, you'll need to determine the best starting place for your page protector. I chose 6x8, but remember that it can always be modified later if needed (see step #4). 


3. Make the paper and embellishments work for you. I LOVED the foam Freckled Fawn word stickers in this month's kit, but I knew the black wouldn't show up on the deep purple. Instead of scrapping the idea, I took out my heat gun and embossed gold right on top of the sticker. Worked like a charm! You can do the same thing with paint or inks. 


4. Make adjustments where needed. Since the Save the Date card was slightly smaller than the insert, I pulled out my Fuse tool and anchored it into the sheet. I love the customized effect! I was then able to use the teal patterned paper to frame it in place. This is also a nice way to add glitter or other shaker elements for a fun look. 


5. Add the finishing touches. I wanted to keep the insert simple so that the invitations would show through, but wanted to add a little bit extra. I pulled out the Shimelle enamel shapes and scattered those throughout the cards and finished up with a couple of the Gold Foam word stickers to fill in the empty space. 


That's it! Now, I can slide this in next to my layouts from her wedding day and enjoy everything together for years to come. 

Hope you enjoyed! 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment