Saturday, February 25, 2017

3 To Inspire with Veera and Andrea

Today we have a treat for you! Me (Veera) and Andrea joined forces and both of use created layouts to this weeks' 3 To Inspire challenge.

This week we encourage you to 
  1. sew
  2. use color pink
  3. use word stickers

Here's my take on these 3 prompts:

For this layout I used February main kit and embellishment kit. I used pink as my main accent color using pink word stickers and those beautiful pink flowers. As the top part of the layout is full of embellishments I balanced the layout by using a lot of white space.


Lately word stickers have been one of my favorite embellishments. These stickers can be used for telling the story and they are easy embellishments that helps the layout look finished.



Now it's Andrea's turn!

Hi there everyone! It's Andrea here and I had so much fun working on this special “3 to Inspire” with Veera for you all! When Veera and I picked the three elements of this challenge – sewing, word stickers, and the color pink, I was so excited because I knew that these would all work great with the Citrus Twist February kits and the over-all feeling of February which is frankly quite sweet and lovely (due to the nature of Valentines Day I think).




For my layout, I knew that I needed to use the super beautiful floral patterned from Crate Paper Oasis that is in “The Bright Side” add on kit. There is some fun pinks in that floral paper, but to add some more pink to my layout, I chose to use cute embellishments like some pink flowers from the Pink Paislee ephemera in the add on kit, and some butterflies and hearts and things from the chipboard stickers in the Main Kit. For more pops of pink, I did some fussy cutting and used some arrows from some of the patterned paper in the Pattern Paper Play kit and also some sweet little tickets that I cut from some of the product packaging.




I added word stickers to my layout that would help to tell the story. I used words like “loving this”, “let's go”, “me and you” and “you are my happy” to show that the story is all about me and my love, my husband Ryan, on a romantic Valentines Day night out. By adding both the flat word stickers and the chipboard ones, more dimension and interest is given to the page.




To add my sewing in, I did some hand-stitching here and there on my page. I stitched a bit across the top of the page where the paper clips are to kind of further anchor down the flags and things that I added to that top corner. I also did some cross stitches on my fussy cut pink tickets. And for the last of my sewing, I created a special little heart using a left-over piece from the Pink Paislee ephemera pack which I painted and then added some white cardstock to and stitched to make a fun and interesting, one of a kind embellishment for my page. (note: I added a few more painted touches here and there that had a bit of this kind of effect on it just to balance things out).



I had so much fun with this “3 to Inspire” with Veera! (Oh, and I just want to also point out that I had a lot of fun with my pics on this layout too and so can you...here is a fun tip...try coloring your pic/s for your layout in cool, colors like the challenge color pink and/or mint, yellow, blue, etc using photoshop or another photo editing app or software! )

So here you have it, inspiration and 3 prompts! I hope you enjoyed both of the layouts! Remember to join me and Andrea in this challenge and when you make your own layout or other project using these prompts, please share with us on the Citrus Twist gallery, the Facebook Forum and also on Instagram! Don't forget to tag @citrustwistkits and hashtag with #citrustwistkits and #ctk3toinspire!

No comments:

Post a Comment