Thursday, November 5, 2015

In the Studio with Michelle

Hi guys and welcome to my take on this month's "In the Studio." I, unfortunately, don't have a room to call my own. Instead, I scrap mainly on the kitchen island and have claimed a hall closet to keep my scrappy supplies. While this suits me totally fine, it does mean I have to be pretty organized and today I am going to share one of my favorite ways to do this.

Since happening upon them in a Michael's about a year ago, I have been a big fan of the Iris Trays to organize the embellishments from my kits. As much as I would love to store all my little goodies in cute decorative bowls and containers, I just don't have the space for them. The trays though, do an excellent job of making my supplies visible to me while I am working. Here's an example of how I have organized my goodies from the November Kits:

Untitled

The compartments in the tray are of varying widths and I can customize them lengthwise to fit my supplies. When I am unpacking a kit, I will take items such as ephemera out of the package and put them into a section. This makes it super easy to sort through them. I am also not afraid to use my scissors and will often cut down a package to better fit.

In My Studio      In My Studio

When I have several bigger items I like to "layer" them in a compartment so that I can still see them. This serves as a visual reminder as to what my options are. I also like to "reserve" a space for bits and pieces from past kits that I think will work the current kits. It is also where I keep the twine from the kit packaging.

How about you-do you have any tips or tricks for storing your kits? Are you able to lay it all out or do you like to keep it in the bags? Would love to hear from you!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment