Monday, July 13, 2015

The big 26 and a layout, Dear Lizzy - Fine & Dandy

Each month I'm always getting something extra from the store and this month I picked up a couple of the new Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy items; the shaped paper clips and accent stickers! I thought it might be fun to create a traditional layout and something different (for me).

I went with a card for my "different" this month - which isn't really different at all, but given I'm not much of a card maker I figured I'd be daring and make it a shaker-card! ;)  I never realised just how easy shaker cards were to make. For my base I used the Fine and Dandy "Stripey Straws" paper (from the July Pattern Paper Play 2 kit) then added foam tape around the edges to give me depth.  Then I just popped a piece of clear acetate on top, cut a white border out of cardstock and stuck it on top (to hide the foam tape). It’s that easy! Who knew ;)

A co-worker is turning the big 26 (and when I say the big 26 I should point out she is the "junior" in our office… I wish it was me turning 26..) so I made this with her in mind.


To make sure the accent stickers actually move around (and not just stick to the back paper) I popped them onto a scrap piece of vellum then just cut them to shape.  The shaped paper clips are clipped onto the circle paper but I also added a bit of washi tape at the back to stop them falling out should she decide to really shake that card.


For my traditional layout I went with a double-page spread.  We have just finished up with school holidays over here so we've had both kids (my son & niece) home all day and I love them both dearly but they sure are “funny”.  Thought it would be fun to jot down a few of my niece’s seemingly daily demands these school holidays ;)


This one has a little from the July kits – I tried to stick with the Fine & Dandy collection to keep the colours consistent but also brought in some pinks and golds to match. I love using different alpha’s for the titles and I just popped the “5” shaped paper clip at the top (it’s her age).



I think this is my favourite 2-page layout that I've made so far. I really love the colours!


Did you happen to pick up any of the new Fine & Dandy line from the shop this month?  Would love to see how you've used it if so!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, adore both these projects. I think I'd be happy to only ever use Fine & Dandy from now on... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suse! Fine & Dandy is gorgeous, love the colours throughout the whole line - wish I had more of it :)

      Delete
  2. You are just spot on Emma!! Happy happy pages and card, loove it!! So cool with those lines of paper with journaling an that match those pattern ed paper lines on the other page, genius!!! I could go on and on but stops here so you does not get bored ;) Thanks for your inspiration !! Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! Way too kind though :) I cannot wait to see what you make with your first kit, so happy you've joined up!!! xx

      Delete
  3. Loving your card! I haven't seen many (at all!) shaker cards that were the entire front of card. LOVE it! And your layout - bright, happy & fun!

    ReplyDelete