Thursday, February 19, 2015

Inspired by Pinterest

Hi! Michelle here to share with you how a Pinterest pin became the design inspiration for a double page layout.

A lot of the time when I am stumped for an idea, need a little extra inspiration, or when I just want to try something new, I turn to my Pinterest board that contains non-scrappy design related images. When I begain to work on this project with the February "Love Letters" Main kit, I knew I wanted a design that allow for me to use several pictures.  Looking through my board, I found this image which reminded me of a magazine type layout complete with several pictures and lots of room for text. With this in mind, I came up with this double page layout:


Hello Beautiful Day 3
I really stuck pretty close to the pin, keeping the photo arrangement very similar and using the column on the right for my journaling. I varied from the image by adding a place for my title as well as adding in embelllishments and patterned paper.
Hello Beautiful Day 4
Hello Beautiful Day 5
Thanks for stopping by today!
Michelle

1 comment: