Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Sketch With Sandy

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share with you the first Sunday Sketch of 2015 :

Jan SKetch


Like Trina I love making 8.5"x11" so I've turned Kasia's sketch into a narrower format layout. To recreate the sketch's diagonal flow, I used two supersized photo-corners and a spray of pink paint droplets. Since I had wrote too much journaling below the photo I moved the title (Gossamer Blue alphas from the Main Kit spray painted black) to the top.  

b3


Inspired by the fabric strips Trina included in the Main Kit, I decide to create a white-on-white frame around the photo using gauze, vellum and wax paper from my stash. The look is reminiscent of Lucia Baraba's soft, ethereal style.


a1


b7


Now it's your turn to take on this week's sketch!  We love to see what you do with our kits and sketches so please make sure to upload your projects to the Citrus Twist Gallery. And remember, by uploading your take on today's sketch to the gallery by January 10th, you will be entered to win a $5 Coupon to use on anything in the CTK Store

2 comments: