Friday, December 19, 2014

Pocket Life with Olya

Hello, Olya here. Today I'm bringing you my pages using our December Pocket Life and embellishment kits. Shall we take a look?
This month I used a smaller 6x8 format for my PL because I wanted to focus on telling a story of our snowy trip to Cypress mountain, home of the 2010 Winter Olympics.


Here's a close up of the left hand side. I used the puffy alphas to spell out Cypress Mountain for the title card and added a little sketch of the mountains :)
And here is the right hand side. I used the Citrus Twist exclusive 'little sprinkles of love' to journal about our little trip. I stamped the arrow from this month's stamp set on the journaling card and added a few embellishments on the photos.

Here is another spread about our ski trip. I absolutely loved the woodgrain paper and the hearts embellishments that were included in the PL kits. Oh, and those transparencies.. soo good.
Closer look at the left hand side page.
And here's the right hand side page. I adhered the polaroid-like chipboard frame directly onto the page protectors. I wanted my husband to be the main focus of the photo as well as the frame to unify the 4x6 photo that I split up into two 3x4s.
And this is my non-mountain-ski-trip spread of December PL. I wanted to make a grid of 2x2 squares to showcase the little December memories throughout them, as well as have fun with the amazing embellishments that were included in this month's kits.
Here's the left hand side page. Again loving those gold transparencies. *insert thumbs up emoji here*
And the right hand side page, which is a 6x8 page consisting of 2x2 little squares I mentioned earlier. Don't you love that exclusive wood veneer? It was pretty much the jump start of the grid idea, as well as those cute photo frames.
And that's all for today, folks. I hope you get to squeeze a little bit of some creative time this weekend among all the hustle and bustle of the last week before Christmas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment