Monday, August 18, 2014

iCapture: Photography with Jen

Hi, Jen here today sharing some of my favorite tips on how I take, edit and prep photos for my Pocket Life pages while on-the-go.

Being at home with three children under school age means 1) taking a lot of photos of their cute faces, primarily with my iPhone, and 2) having very limited time to scrapbook. The big, dSLR camera is always at the ready when at home but, the ease and practicality of using my phone camera has been winning out more often. The brilliant advantage is that a few phone apps and screen taps make photo editing and staying up to date with my albums easier. My most used apps of late are: PicTapGo for editing and Little Moments for adding text and graphics.

PicTapGo: (left) original, (right) edited

JenB_iCapture081814_5
JenB_iCapture081814_3
Little Moments: (left) original, (right) edited

JenB_iCapture081814_4
One immediate benefit to using iPhone photos is that the images are already perfectly sized for 3x4 pockets. Using the PicFrame app, two photos are easily dropped onto a 4x6 canvas. The collage can then be sent to a printer or printing service straight from the phone. Just grab the prints, trim down the center and slip in your pocket pages...simple! Here are screen shots of my process:

JenB_iCapture081814_6
This layout, using the beautiful August Pocket Life and Pocket Life Embellishment kits, uses only photos taken and edited using my phone.

JenB_Aug_PL6
JenB_Aug_PL4
JenB_Aug_PL5

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, thank you! Happy you found this helpful :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful PL spreads! PicTapGo and PicFrame are probably my most used and favorite apps :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jenn! PicTapGo and PicFrame are my fav apps also since I use primarily iPhone photos too. I'll have to check out the Little Moments app! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, *Jen! Don' know where that extra "n" came from! Lol :P

      Delete
    2. Thank you April! Little Moments is fairly new and I'm really enjoying the interface.

      Delete
  4. Great post and layouts, Jen!

    PS ... I love Jacks drawing, I wish I had saved those, priceless!

    xo, Marian (hello from CA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marian! I was so excited when I saw his drawing was the perfect size for a pocket :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I don't do PL, but use the same phone and app features for my layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! Little moment apps looks so ffun! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Jen! It really sounds like i need PicTapGo! My only thing limiting my phone use for editing photos is my need for new eye glasses I'm afraid!!! (Insert blushing emoticon here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathalie! I'm afraid I'm almost there with you...

      Delete
  9. Great tips! Thanks! Where do you have your photos printed?

    ReplyDelete