Thursday, May 8, 2014

Be Inspired By Cut Apart Sheets

Hi, everyone! Melissa here with you today with three layouts that use my favorite paper in the May kits, the square cut apart sheet from Webster's Pages Our Travels collection.


With all the fun designs on this single sheet of paper, it's like getting an entire embellishment collection all at once, and I started out by using it to create a block design below the photo on this layout.

zion_banner.jpg

I alternated a square from the cut apart sheet with a square cut from a piece of woodgrain paper in the kits. Each of the woodgrain squares also has a heart punched in it, backed by more Our Travels paper, then overlaid with one of the gold Maggie Holmes word stickers.

DSC_6194.jpg

This next layout brings in lots of patterns from the 6x6 Our Travels paper pack from the Pocket Life kit.

perfect timing_banner.jpg

I arranged strips of the papers down the left side of the page, then used squares cut from both the 12x12 version of the cut apart sheet along with tiny squares from the 6x6 version of the same paper (included in the paper pack) as accents.

DSC_6198.jpg

DSC_6199.jpg

And of course I used more of the tiny squares from the 6x6 version of the same pattern as embellishment on my Pocket Life layout this month, too!

project life 2011 june 17-23 banner.jpg

DSC_6191.jpg

After finishing these three layouts, I still had lots of pretty squares left from this design. I love it when cut-apart sheets are included in the kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment