Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Guessing Game #6 Tuesday Tutorial: Travel

Hi there, it´s Nina here today sharing a travel layout tutorial with you. This month Citrus Twist Kit includes lots of great travel stuff I love. This was the perfect timing to use a Silhouette Cameo map cut file together with the October Afternoon "Travel Girl" papers and shape stickers.  

For the base of my page I choose white cardstock. I placed the "map" cut file on my Silhouette Cameo  software in the lower third of the page because I want to cover this area later with the patterned paper. That´s a great way to save some paper. 


I cut the October Afternoon "Journal" patterned paper to 12"x5,25" to cover with it the completely map cut. In the next step I transfer the map cut file on the patterned paper and glue them down directly, so nothing from these fuzzy pieces can slip away.



 I lay the paper on the withe cardstock and sew a seam with a distance from 1/4" on the bottom and top of the patterned paper.
 

To give these map cut a more interesting touch I add some plane stickers from the Travel Girl Shape Sticker Sheet. The "Travel Log" banner is cutting by hand also from this OA Journal patterned paper.


This month two stamp sets are perfect to add some little travel notes onto your projects. I used some phrases to stamp these directly onto the different countries.


To give the page a poppy color accent I used the orange American Crafts thickers from the August Kit Add-On. The title is inspired by the Citrus Twist stamp set. At the beginning I wasn´t sure about the title arrangement. Therefore I add the sticker on different rulers to change the position until I found the right spot for it.


I decided to add the title in one row on the top of the patterned paper but first I add a strip of washi tape at the top of the patterned paper. I love the transparent look of the tape because you´ll see only the print on it.


The easiest way to add a title straight on your page is, to use the ruler. Place the thickers on it. Lay down the ruler on the right place, push it upwards, stick down the upper half of the thickers with your fingers and remove the ruler. Easy, right?!


Each month when I got my package I´m so in LOVE with the twine and tags on the packages. I keep them into the box and try to use it on my work. This month orange/white twine fits perfect with the orange thickers. Therefore I add a twine loop at the top on my page.


I used the backside of the tag, add some stamping together with one of the cute plane sticker. Then I attached it at the twine and add the wood veneer plus button onto the page.






Thank you so much for visiting today the Citrus Twist Blog!









4 comments:

  1. i love love love the cut out map! so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Studio Calico chevron wood veneers, and the airplanes look like they're from October Afternoon's Travel Girl line

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the Cut file? It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete