Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial with Nathalie | Create a TN insert with Digital elements


Hello friends!!!

Nathalie with you today.  Have you visited the new website already?  Well, besides being fresh and user friendly, now the shop also offers digital copies of the PL cards.  These cards do not only increase the number of options for pocket pages, but can also be used to create your own patterned paper, ephemera, and so much more.   So today, I want to show you how i combined the new digital journaling cards with the beautiful Savannah main kit in my Traveler's Notebook.





This month's Savannah Scrapbook kit includes a 8.5x11 sheet of vellum (i am kind of addicted to vellum, and import it monthly to my stash!!) which is perfect for creating an insert or tip in for my Traveler's Notebook.




For this "insert", i used Photoshop to create my own patterned paper using one of the digital card images.   I am not a master at Photoshop, but this process (which is the one used to add digital stamps to photographs) is simple,  easy to follow, and pretty much foolproof.  So sit back, and see how i used the digital card to create the print on vellum:






Isn't that easy?!!  As a daily journaler,  the option of going hybrid for some of my entries helps to reduce the bulk added to the inserts.  Plus this way, i get to transform my beloved vellum into this beautiful translucent paper that can add that special touch to my pages.




























Now, if you have seen my work before, then you know i like adding inserts/tip-ins in my books. This time i used the printed vellum as a means to add my title, and offer a peak of what the next page encases, thus tying all the pages together.




The new page is more of a traditional TN entry, and uses this month's Savannah scrapbook  and embellishment kits (the grid paper is the packaging from the Pinkfresh Studio cardstock stickers!) as well as the This is Life "Detours" stamp set.  Here are a few more close ups of the spread:







This entry came together in no time once I had the printed vellum.  Honestly, I devote 20 minutes a day for my daily TN entries, and going hybrid is a good way to speed your daily documenting.  The following video, will show you how easy is to create this vellum insert/tip-in for your notebook:






Well that's it for me today.  Remember to stop by the new Citrus Twist  Kits store to check not just the kits but also all the new digital files available for purchase, and lots of free new ones (trust me there are a lot more coming your way!).  As always let me know if you have any questions.  I cannot wait to see how you use the new digitals in your documenting processes.

XOXO

Nathalie



1 comment: