Friday, April 20, 2018

Pocket Life Challenge – with Melanie


Hello friends! Excited to be here today to share a fun Pocket Life challenge! I’m a strong believer that in order to stay caught up with my projects I need to keep things simple, so my challenge to you today is just that – Keep it Simple!!! 


My 2018 album is currently 9x12, I say currently because at the beginning of the year it was 6x12 but I didn’t have space for all of my stories so I switched to 9x12. I’m very tempted of going back to 12x12, which I used years ago, maybe I’ll keep that for next year! 


So far this year I’ve stayed caught, well almost, with my 2018 album. I’m about 3 weeks behind, which is really good! I think I stayed “caught up” mostly because I use more pictures and keep my design very simple.
As you will see, I used one of the 4x6 journaling card from the Savannah Pocket Life kit, for the top right pocket. I could have certainly added journaling, embellishments, even a picture to “fill” the card, but I decided to keep it as is. The title of the card says it all, “highlights”, from the week I’m documenting. I didn’t feel it needed anything else.


So I challenge you to use your cards and leave them blank, do not add journaling or embellishment, even if you feel the need to “fill” it. 


Simplicity is often the best way to go! Hope you enjoy my challenge, happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment