Monday, January 8, 2018

Sunday (but on Monday) Sketch Challenge with Mary



Hi friends!  I'm soooo LATE!  I have had the most chaotic week in a very very long time.  I have a feeling you can resonate with me where you are in the midst of everything out of your control and have absolutely no, not even a speck, of creative energy in you but you need to create!  This is where sketches are sooooo helpful to get you out of a creative block/funk/can't even think time.




Normally I would spend 1.5 hours minimum on one layout.  I am a very slow scrapper....but because of this sketch I was able to create a beautiful layout in less than 45 minutes.  





I really love the pops of blue against the pink.  The colors in this month's kit are just perfect and cheerful!  There's nothing like playing with cheerful supplies to help lighten your burdens.





I chose these pictures of me going crazy over our gigantic laundry pile.  Don't judge me lol!  Laundry is my arch nemesis. 




And yes, it was so happening.  But like life you push through to get the things done that are important WHEN they're important.  I would rather have a messy pile somewhere if I'm spending my time with people who need me the most.  

I think the most important lesson in all of this is to learn to love myself, mistakes, imperfections, being stretched thin, and all throughout any challenge.  




After all, we are all still learning right?

Thanks for popping in and hanging out with me today!  To watch the full process you can check out my video here.


Xo,
Mary

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout and enjoyed your process video! Totally get the uninspired times for sure............... Hope things are less chaotic for you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Donna! A little less chaotic for sure πŸ’• xo, M

      Delete
  2. It’s awesome Mary!! And so are your blog post as well!! 😍😍😍 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna!! “Let perseverance finish its course” right? πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ’• xo, M

      Delete