Saturday, January 20, 2018

3-To-Inspire with Kelly

Hello friends! It's Kelly here, and today I am here with 3 prompts that inspired me to create this layout, and hopefully will inspire you as well.

This week's prompts are as follows:
1. Use a photo that you love
2. Stitching (can be hand or machine)
3. Using the pom pom trim


This layout was created using the Main kit "Sugarland". This was the first layout that I created using this kit, and also the first one that I created after the holidays. If you are anything like me it can be hard to jump start my creativity if I haven't been at my scrap desk in a few weeks. So, I chose a photo that I love as my jumping off point.


This banner from the Carousel sticker sheet was the perfect size to add underneath the label, and I love the way that it brings a pop of turquoise up to this cluster. Banners can be a bit challenging to use so don't be afraid to trim it and just use part of it.


The book sheet included in the kit is a wonderful way to add more texture and interest to your project. I did trim down the sheet a bit and then tore the edges to make it look a bit worn. 


Pom pom trim is one of my favorite trims to add to the page. It's whimsical and adds so much visual interest. My final touch to the cluster was to nestle the arrow clip on the die cut in between the words. 

I have included a link to my process video in case you would like to see how my page came together. I hope that these prompts have inspired you to get out your kits and to play!  Remember to share your creations with today's date in the gallery and the CTK Facebook group. Thanks so much for stopping by and hope that you have a wonderful day! 





Jordan here today as well to share my take on Kelly's prompt.  I was so excited when I heard what her 3 items would be, because...stitching!!!  And pom-poms!!  Two things I love to add to my layouts!  It's rare for me to finish any type of layout and not stitch something on my page.  


  I used the Sugarland Main Kit as well as the Embellishment kit here.  I really love chipboard embellishments because they add texture and dimension to my pages. 

I chose this sweet photo of my middle and youngest playing so sweetly in my daughter's room.  The softer pink, mint and grey paired really nicely with my photo so I chose the papers that complimented the colors of her room.

And then I added pops of yellow, because it is one of my favorite colors to accent with!  I love the bright, happy vibe it adds here.  I finished it off by stitching the pom pom trim and a few layered papers down the side of the layout and adding a tiny cluster near the top left.

I hope you enjoy the challenge and I look forward to seeing what you create!  Happy crafting!

1 comment: