Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Magical Fall Moments - October Main & Patterned Paper Play Kits - Nathalie


Hello Everyone!  Nathalie with you today, and I am so excited and grateful to share my first blog post as part of the 2018 CTK Design Team. 

What can I say about this month's Good Vibes Kit, besides that it is gorgeous, colorful and so versatile.  But if you are a patterned paper lover (as I am), then the Patterned Paper Play kit is what you need!.   Once I saw the color combo on these papers,  I knew that i could bring an Autumn page with a twist easily together.




It is not the traditional colors of an Autumn wreath, but it works perfect for the season.   I had a few white cardstock  leaves cut outs left over from previous projects, so I decided to use a simple Fall leaves cut file from the Silhouette Store, to cut  the leaves from papers in the Patterned Paper Play kit, as well as the main kit.  In addition, i use the same cut file to cut the same number of leaves from white vellum.

small clusters of embellishments along the wreath





A bit of ink blending on the vellum leaves brings the colors of fall in a softer way to this page.  Once The wreath form was set, then a few machine stitches held it together.




To bring in the golden hues from the season, the chipboard alphas were colored using some antique gold acrylic paint.  Just love the color combination! -which may also work for all our friends enjoying Spring in the Southern Hemisphere.
If you would like to see how this page came together, just enjoy the following video (just excuse the lighting -there was a bit of renovation going on at the time of filming-):





I hope this serves as inspiration to use all the colors in these kits to put a modern twist on a classic.  Remember to check the Citrus Twist Shop for these kits (October kits have sold out, but you can start subscribing starting November).  I am a comment away if you have any questions on how this came together.

Take care!!!





6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous and I was floored when I saw it. I am so looking forward to seeing all of your future projects with CTK. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful πŸ’–πŸπŸ’–πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ Anna xo

    ReplyDelete