Saturday, August 12, 2017

3 to Inspire with Melissa

Hello everyone! Melissa here with your next 3 to Inspire challenge.


Are you ready?!
 
Here are the three prompts:
1. Use a photo strip or collage.
2. Use a frame to frame at least one of your pictures.
3. Use as many stamps you can. 

Here is my take on the challenge:


This layout in my travelers notebook was created with August's Photobooth PL Kit. After deciding on my pictures, I pull all my supplies (journaling cards, ephemera, stamps, etc.)  I think I may want to use. The ephemera pack had so many pieces that were perfect for my photos. They also allowed me to use a bit of color, which on most of my layouts, color only comes from the photos I use. So that was fun!  


In order to avoid chunky notebooks I don't layer much, especially with paper. In order to "ground" my photo strip on this layout I used a black fine tip pen to draw a border around the entire photo strip. I really like how it turned out. 


Next I picked my ephemera. I really love how the frame I used to frame the picture of my three kiddos has the same colors as the Kodiak Photos tag I used on the left hand side. It pulls the colors to both sides of the layout. I stapled a label tag with my tiny attacher behind that label just to add a tiny bit more color and detail. 


Last I grabbed the awesome Narrative, Entertainment, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (all some of my new favorite stamp sets) and a few other Citrus Twist stamps, I had in my stash and just grabbed every stamp that I thought went with the theme of my layout and just started stamping away. This tag/label from the Narrative stamp set might be my favorite individual stamp. So good and I know I'll use it often. 


I hope you are inspired by this challenge and I can't see what you all create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment