Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial

Hi it's me, Rachel Lindas and I'm excited to share a Tuesday Tutorial with you. I decided to go a bit out of my normal and get messy with some new product.  I wanted to play around with the new Tim Holtz's Distressed Oxides.  I was so excited to use them because of their ability to have bold bright colors that don't bleed together if you don't want them to.  However when playing with them I found out they do bleed through your Bible pages which makes me so sad because the looks you can achieve with them are endless. I didn't give up so easily. As you will see in the video I used the journaling card that comes in the April kit as inspiration and made my own tip in. This way I could use the product I wanted to achieve the look I was going for without fear of ruining my pages.  You'll notice for my design I used the journaling card (I tab punched the shine Word and cut out the word "world" from it), light bulb stamp, and one of the paper pieces for the Simple Stories Faith line that all came in the April kit. I added the home spun alphas from Illustrated Faith and punched out a star from white card stock to finish my look.



Take note: When using the distressed Oxides one of their neat features is that you can blend the colors together when you activate them with water. Once that layer of color is dry you can add more color to the top even wet without it mixing in with the base layer. This is a very unique feature of these oxides and make the yellow color on my tip in pop on top of the blues instead of blend in. They can also be used as stamp pads. I used the same yellow color for my light bulb stamp to layer on top of the blue colors. I love how it turned out with bright bold colors.




Have a Wonderful Day, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment