Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Andrea (with some Disney Magic!)

Hello there and welcome to today's Sunday Sketch! It's Andrea here and I am excited to share with you today's sketch and how I used it along with the April Citrus Twist "Sophie" kit to create a fun layout about my love for Disney magic! 


I don't know about you but I love Disney! I love all the fairytale fun, all the whimsy and childlike innocence and bright happiness of it all! It is like a world of imagination where no matter how old you are, you get to experience the world with this joyful wonder and playfulness that is unfortunately so often missing from our daily lives. I of course, am of the mindset that we should be infusing this kind of whimsy and magic in our day to day lives which is why I am all about “living life as a fairytale” and writing our own happily ever after. To that end, memory keeping and scrapbooking is such a wonderful way to do this, because it invites us to both tell our story and to be playful and creative! So let's get creating! This is today's sketch:


It looks pretty simple. I knew however that it might be a little difficult for me considering the fact that it uses two photos lined up in an a-typical way and also because it is a 12x12 and I knew I wanted to do a 8 ½ x 11. Now I have converted the 12x12 sketches to fit the 8 ½ x 11 before, but because of the layout of this one, I was a little nervous. I managed it though, as you can see. I basically just cut off that right side where all the negative space is.


And as for my concern regarding the placement of the two photos, I simply chose to make that top photo a square instead of a rectangle. I just felt like for my purposes, it worked better.


I'm noting these kinds of things to you, because I want to make it clear that whatever sketch you want to use, you can adjust it to fit your own purposes. Don't be afraid to move things around, to change the size of things, etc...a sketch is always just a place to start. It is supposed to get you going along the way, and also to help you step outside your box a little...but don't let it be a detriment to your creativity! It is a helpful tool...a suggestion, not a rule! Have fun and play!



As you can see, I used mostly goodies from the main kit for this layout (along with some paper from the Patterned Paper Play add on kit). I love the papers this month! I love all those pretty pinks and teals and blues! Oh and I really loved fussy cutting out the beautiful butterflies from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams paper...that paper is just perfect for fussy cutting! The butterflies add a fun, pop off the page element that gives the layout a whimsical, interactive feeling.


I created my title using the pretty black puffy stickers in the kit and spelled out the word “magic”. And then did some journaling about the magical feeling that Disneyland always gives me. And I think the photos along with the doodles I added of Minnie and Mickey and the Castle, inside the fussy cut frames (from the Maggie Holmes frames patterned paper) really helps tell that story of Disney magic! It was a really fun day!


Alright, I hope you enjoyed today's sketch and my layout! I had fun playing with this sketch! Now it is your time to try our sketch too! So join in on this challenge and share what you create using today's Sunday Sketch by posting your creation in our gallery and/or on our Citrus Twist Facebook group! Remember to put today's date (4/23/17) in the title! You could win a $5 gift certificate to Citrus Twist so please show us what you make with this sketch! Okay, have a happy scrappy day and remember to live your life as a fairytale!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment