Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Cinque Terre by Marie-Pierre

Hi everyone,

it's Marie here today and for my layout I used the April scrapbooking main kit. I absolutely love all these papers with some sort of frames so when I saw this one, I new I wanted to use it with many small photos!

We just came back from a 10 days road trip to Germany, Italy and Switzerland so I had enough photos to fill the whole page! ha! But I refrained myself and decided to document only my trip to Cinque Terre on that one page. :)


This is the final layout.
And here's how I made it:


I first chose my photos, depending on the size and shapes of the frames and I gathered them on a 4x6 canvas so I could print them all at once (I use 4 4x6 photo papers to print them all).


Once they were all printed, I've cut them out and layered them where they go to see if the balance between photos and empty frames was ok. I already had decided on the frame where my title would go.


I finally cut out the inside of the frames and layered the photo underneath. I adhered them all with washi tape.


I like the look of the photo being behind the main paper.


I then decided to paint some frames with gold ink because the purely black and white look I was going for didn't let my photos shine as I thought it would. I think it's because they are too small. The nice yellow gold and the shimmer in the ink make a big difference!


I finally added small puffy stickers here and there and some words too to add details to the story. I played with the arrow stickers to bring the attention of the viewer toward certain smaller photos that were getting lost in the busyness.


I spelled my titles with the letter stickers.


And voilà! A fast and easy layout to make! And I quite like the look of all these small photos gathered together. :)

With this layout and with lots of sadness, I am retiring from the Citrus Twist Kits team. I thank Trina from the bottom of my heart for having me here. It's been a wonderful 2 years ride for me and I'm grateful for the opportunity! I'll see you around on the web for sure!!!

Have fun creating and telling your stories guys! That's the most important thing!!

Marie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment