Wednesday, April 19, 2017

'Be Our Guest' Layout | Elsie Robinson

Hi CTK friends, it's Elsie here and I've got a 12x12 layout to share with you all today using the 'Sophie' Main Kit.


Inspiration for my layouts always comes from many different places, I could be inspired by papers, embellishments, colours etc. But sometimes I'm inspired by somewhat abstract sources, as is the case with this layout. For those of you who love this film as much as me, you've probably already guessed that this layout was inspired by Beauty & the Beast!


I've scrapped a photo of my friends and I having afternoon tea together from a few years ago, and whilst my photo has nothing directly to do with Beauty & the Beast, my love of the film really influenced a lot of this page's design and amplified the story behind my photo. Let me talk you through how...


I started by stitching my title. I found this free 'Be Our Guest' printable from Dawn Nicole Designs, which was completely perfect for this Beauty & the Beast themed layout and for the story behind my photo.


My colour scheme is primarily blue and yellow with pops of pink, which was obviously inspired by the colours of Belle's dresses! Two of my largest design elements followed that colour scheme: I stitched my title in yellow and used a piece of the 'Portrait' paper for that pop of blue.


And what would a Beauty & the Beast themed layout be without a teapot and teacup?! These were such simple shapes to draw, cut and stitch by hand and so they really didn't take too long to make at all. They also helped to tell the story behind my photo.


I fussy-cut the frames from the 'Portrait' paper which were not only really handy spots to include some journalling and stamping, but also helped create a vintage, traditional and whimsical vibe!


And of course I had to fussy-cut some of those butterflies, they're so pretty!


Some subtle details like using the small heart stamp from the Scrapbook kit with some light pink ink, and stitching some "bricks" with white thread really finished off this layout for me.


Thanks for joining me today and check out my process video below to see how this page came together!

- Elsie


No comments:

Post a Comment