Saturday, April 8, 2017

3 to Inspire



Hello and welcome to today's 3 to Inspire Challenge!  Here are this week's prompts:

1. Layer in a piece of packaging.
2. Tear some paper.
3. Add some thread.

Here's my take on the challenge using both the April "Sophie" Scrapbook and Embellishment Kits:


I absolutely adore this month's kit and was so happy that the colors in the kit went really well with a recent batch of photos that I took during a field trip to a horse rescue ranch. 


To stay on task with the challenge prompts, I tore the edges of two patterned papers and layered them on top of each. When I did this I made sure and flipped the paper over to the backside and tore towards myself this way the side that I wanted to use didn't have the white edge that appears after tearing. For my piece of packaging I chose to cut up the backing from the Pinkfresh word stickers and layer it under the photo. I really liked how this light polka dot pattern contrasted against the bright colors I had already used. Finally, I layered in two bunched up pieces of yellow thread.


Now it's your turn! To play along with this week's 3 to Inspire Challenge, create a project incorporating all three of the prompts, post it to our gallery with today's date (4/8) in the title, and you will be eligible to win a small prize from the CTK Store!



No comments:

Post a Comment