Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Wendy

Hello everyone!

Happy Sunday!  Wendy here and you know what time it is, right?!  Yep, time for another Sunday Sketch to inspire you and this sketch is truly fab and oh so sweet.  After all, it is February and a sketch would not be complete without a few sweet embellished sprinkles on the sketch. Yes?


Now here's my take on the sketch...


With the grid portion on the sketch, I had this idea for hand stitching on my layout.  Yes, time consuming but so worth it in the end result.


You will want to measure out the grid pattern for even spacing of your stitches.  I used a pencil to lightly draw the lines for my grid along with the use of a grid ruler.  A grid ruler with punched holes is the perfect tool along with a paper piercer.  Also, I would highly recommend to use a mouse pad or stitching mat cushion under the cardstock for easier piercing of your cardstock.





After all my holes were punched, I used a gum eraser to erase away the pencil lines.  Then, grab your favorite color thread (I used DMC floss and three strands), needle, and your favorite movie/Netflix series.  Go ahead and stitch stitch stitch away.


I had SO much fun creating up my take on the sketch with a precious photo of my Yorkie, Principessa.  She is two years old and quite the charmer and the loveliest of love muffins.  Ha!



I used the new February 2017 kits available over at Citrus Twist Kits.  Sooooo many good bits in the kits this month from buttons, Nuvo jewel drops, Thickers...just super fun embellishments.


Oh, and one more thing on the Nuvo jewel drops, you will want ALL the colors, you have been warned. They are addicting!  Ha!

To play along with this week's challenge, create a layout inspired by the sketch, upload it to the Citrus Twist Kits Gallery with the sketch date (2/5) in the title, and you might win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK store.  Easy peasy!

xx Wendy
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment