Monday, October 17, 2016

Wendy Morris-Saponaro | Stamping Simplicity and Watercolor Dreams


Hello all and Happy Monday!  Wendy here to share up some simple stamping and watercolor fun.  Let's kick start the week with a bit of watercolor and stamping.  I love all things watercolor and lately I've committed to getting back into my artistic flow along with a new watercolor set in hand, I'm gonna make it happen.  Investing in a nice palette of watercolors is all worth it for colors that are vivid, vibrant, and crisp.

My 9"x12" layout, "Life is Lovely", was created using the October 2016 kit(s) and the stamp set from the October 2016 Scrapbook Main kit.


My husband, Vincenzo, and I recently went to Europe last month for 2+ weeks to visit family.  One of my sister-in-laws lives on the beautiful island, Isola d'Elba (founded by Napoleon) in Italy.  It was the quite literally the island of dreams. The type of island where there is not a bridge and you put your car on a boat to travel one hour to the island.  Yeah, epic.


I wanted to simply capture the beauty of the memory with an airy watercolor touch and stamped words or phrases to transpire my emotion at that time.  I love it when a kit has so many elements (i.e. diecuts, phrases, cork shapes, etc) that flow so well together in creating a magical feel to my layout.



I added some floral stems and sprigs from the Pinkfresh Indigo Hills puffy stickers (October 2016 Pocket Life Kit) and coordinating diecut shapes (October 2016 Main Kit).  Also, the stamped floral stems from the CTK exclusive stamp set (October 2016 Main Kit) were a nice touch that matched perfectly.

Then, as a finishing touch, I added some handmade 'enamel dots' using the Nuvo Crystal Drops (Neptune).  Those drops are addicting!

Hope I inspired you to grab your watercolors and stamps for some simple fun!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment