Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday Sketch

Hi friends-Laureen back with you today to share my take on this week's Sunday Sketch using the awesome October "Waverly" Scrapbook Kit!  Here's a look at the sketch:


The gorgeous sketch  immediately made me want to create.  I used one of the Maggie Holmes  Gather papers, the one with the wood grain, and created a ton of layers behind my photo.



For added detail, I fussy cut two birds out of the Gather paper and some leaves from the floral patterned paper.  The stamp set that comes with the kit is just so cute-it includes two branches-one solid and one outline stamp.



The Thickers that come in the kit are just divine-the gold dipped look is perfect and the pink matches the pink bits from Indigo Hills and the pink tones from Gather perfectly!  I created my title by combining an ephemera piece from Indigo Hills and the letters from Crate Paper. 


I knew I wanted to stamp them scattered around my page for added detail and used a brown ink to match the color of the paper.  The embellishing came together rather quickly-the little pink acrylic stars and the cork stars made the job pretty easy!


I used one of the little bags that the embellishments came in and put a tag inside and adhered it underneath all my paper layers. This way you can have some hidden journaling.  I personally don't journal on my pages and use this method just for added interest-plus I really wanted to use the blue Baker's Twine the kit was packaged with!

That's it for my second post. I truly hope you enjoyed it and had fun reading!  Now, it's your turn.  To play along with this week's Sketch Challenge,  create a layout based off of today's post, upload it to the CTK Gallery with today's date (10/9) in the title, and you will be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK Store!

Have a great day,
Laureen




2 comments: