Saturday, July 9, 2016

3 To Inspire with Emma

Hi everyone!  Emma here and I am super excited to be back sharing this week's 3 To Inspire challenge! I loooove these challenges; they're seriously one of my favourites to host (I'm pretty sure all the DT love this particular challenge, always the first to be snapped up each month!).

I hope you'll join in with me this week using the following prompts:

1. Create your own background pattern using mixed pattern paper
2. Add a interactive element to your page
3. Use 2 (or more!) photos.

Super easy right? ;)  Here's my page:


So I'm sure about now you're thinking something along the lines of...Soooooo, where are your 2 photos Emma?!  A-HA!  That is where prompt #2 comes in!


They're inside my little "book" - yep, I made a book about our June Book List!  Sneaky!  OK, not really all that sneaky, and 2 pages hardly makes a "book", but I like how it's a little different by having the photo's hidden by my little interactive element.  Here are some better photo's showing how they open up :)



To create the book I just folded carstock and then adhered the back/fronts together.  Couldn't be easier!  For my background I was in a triangle mood, I'm not entirely sure why, I just started cutting them up and arranging them on the page.  I stitched them in place just to make sure they don't move (and I also have a need to have stitching on almost every page), then I sprinkled a few drops of Heidi Swapp Color Shine (that I picked up from the CTK store) on top!



I stamped a few of the book sentiments (Plot Twist stamp set this month) onto white cardstock then cut them out and used foam strips behind to give them a little dimension.


Now it's your turn! Use the three prompts to create your own projects and share them with us here in the gallery and/or our Facebook Forum.  I really can't wait to see your pages!

Thanks, Em xo

No comments:

Post a Comment