Friday, October 10, 2014

Pocket Life with Olya

Hello, dear Citrus Twist friends.
Today I'm sharing 3 spreads of my Pocket Life weeks with you, all using October PL kit and PL Embellishment kit. Ready? Let's have a look.
This is my week 38, from September 14th to 20th. I loved the colours in October PL kits. Everything just flowed so well together, so it was easy to pair up all the papers and embellishments for the pocket pages.
Here is a close up of the left hand side.
I particularly had lots of fun photos from the day my best friend and I hang out and took lots of silly photos together. I wanted to include lots of them and was running out of page pockets. So I decided to make a flip page, using another page protector pocket of the same size, that I trimmed, and a simple clear tape. I wasn't sure how it would turn out and whether the flip pocket would just keep flying out or not, but it actually turned out well and you can't even tell it's DIY :)
Open and close. Ta Da!
Here is the right hand side.
My sweet husband likes to leave little love notes for me, so beginning of the year I gave him some blank 3x4 Project Life cards, saying that there is no pressure for more love notes, but if the inspiration for love declaration strikes, he's welcome to channel it onto the PL cards, so I can just slip them in our album. And so he's been doing that ever since, unaware that his love notes will be photographed and displayed on all the social media outlets possible. Oh, well. That's the life you sign up for, when you marry a scrapbooker. :)
Here is my week 39, from September 21st to 27th.
Again, I had lots and lots of photos that I wanted to include that week, so I chose page protectors with lots of pockets in it.
Here is the left hand side.
And the right hand side.
Those craft dies in the October kit are to die for! (see what I did there?) I loved getting a little creative with them and adding the stitching effect by using a black pen and drawing tiny dashes.
And here is my weekly spread #3, Week 40, going from September 28th to October 4th.
Again, I used and abused all the lovely embellishments in the Pocket Life kits, to the point that I practically ran out. Oops :)What can I say? I loved them all that much.
Left hand side close up.
I knew that there was a reason I was hoarding September's PL 'happy moments' card. When my husband and I found our new dream apartment, I thought it was a perfect card to use for documenting how we were feeling after signing a lease.
And here is the right hand side of the week 40.
That week my two talented friends Caylee and Vanessa released their first collaboraton planner. As part of the presale they gave away a calender as a free printable. Once I saw it, I knew I had to use it in my spread. I added some watercolour under the word October to match the rest of the October kits colours.
By the way, that Autumn card is my absolute favourite PL card, probably in the history of ever. I posted a sneak peek of this layout on my Instagram and gotten quite a few positive comments on it as well.
And again, close up of the craft LOVE circle. I put another paper embellishment under the see-through letters, glued everything down to my photo, and used a black pen to write 'rainy days' around along the edge. I just love how it turned out. (okay, I'll stop with the puns :) )
And here is a close up of the title card, created with the wood veneer, quote card and some orange alphas.
And that's it for today. As always, we would love to see your PL pages, so be sure to upload them to our Facebook Page gallery.
Happy Friday and creative weekend ahead!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment