Saturday, October 25, 2014

How to use leftovers with Lucia

Hello girls! I hope you're all having a great weekend!
I'm so excited today to share with you a cool technique that I came up with! No pinterest or any other inspiration, I can proudly tell you that this idea was born in my own head, which doesn't happen very often, lol.
It's all about leftovers ...


...  and all those scraps that you don't want to throw away because they are too pretty. What I did was that I grabbed some glue and scissors and started to glue them on a piece of paper (it was a thin 12x12 paper that you find in a page protector of a new album).


I've started with larger pieces and kept layering. I was using a brush and Aleene's Tacky Glue that I watered up a bit cause it was too thick.


The smallest pieces came in the end.


Eventually I machine stitched everything.


What I got was something like a little artwork :) I was planning to use it for layering so even if the 12x12 page looked gorgeous, I've cut it into smaller pieces:


And they are just lovely. I used some of them to embellish the page I've created after, but you can use them as pages for a mini album, for layering or even as a decoration or wall art :)


And the best part is that I filmed the proces! :)
You can watch it here:



Thanx for reading/watching and I hope this will inspire you to recycle and use up the bits of pretty paper :)
Have an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Thanks Lucia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lucia. This is a great way to use the scraps. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete