Saturday, January 11, 2014

Satruday Inspiration with our Design Team

Each month we all make something other than a layout, it can be a card, a tag, a mini album, an altered item, even a PL page.  This is the day were we get to share those projects with each of you. 

First up is Melissa with some cards: "As I was working with the January kits, I spotted a few pieces that I knew I would likely not use on layouts and decided to put them to use on cards instead. I rarely use colored cardstock for layouts, so I cut one sheet from the kit down to make a pair of 4.25" by 5.5" cards and then used the narrow little strip left over to make a skinny card, too. The "XO" and "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiments are from the cut apart sheet in the Add-On kit, and since I don't normally have Valentine's photos top scrap, onto cards they went!"

 happy valentine's day.jpg   xo.jpg   today is a good day.jpg

Next up is our Guest Designer Lucia:

"As the Valentine's day is not that far away, I'm sharing a "#lovenote" card that I've created. I've used a white Core'dination cardstock to create the card (it's a 6x6) and embellished it with the mix of main and embellie january kit. Let me say how I LOVE those sequins!!! I can't even describe the colors, they're something between neon and pastel, just beautiful! And they literally shine on the white background :) I scattered them on the cardstock and then glued them on with a hot glue gun. I've used Studio Calico letter stickers from the embellie kit for the title which I sewed over (and then sewed around the edges of the card as well) and added some pom-poms - these are lovely and add the project a fun look :) "

.

I'm up next: "I was drawn to those cute pom poms in the January Kit and just couldn't get them to work for me on a layout. I really wanted to play with them so I created this card around those pom poms."

January Card “Hi here is Amélie and this is my card made with January Add-On kit. On this card, only button comes from my stash. Enamel dots come from a previous kit”. carte4 Jen is up with a PL page: "I created this title page for my 2014 Pocket Life album using the main scrapbook kit this month! I also used one of April's awesome free calendar printables. I decided to include a lot of photos and let those tell the story of our New Year's Eve." jen c jan pl (1)

3 comments:

  1. Love all those cards & super cute PL page too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much inspiration in one post! Great work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the non-layout projects. Beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete