Thursday, June 27, 2013

Be Inspired By Our New Exclusive Flair Badges!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Melissa here with another installment of our Be Inspired post series for you today.

Can I talk for just a minute about how much I love the new exclusive flairs that Trina is now adding to the kits? I used one on my layout below, and it was just the perfect accent and really inspired my choice of colors for the page.

DSC_9885.jpg

When I started this layout I had an idea to group the two photos in the middle and then layer papers behind them- pretty standard stuff for me. When I started adding embellishment clusters, that little piece of flair was just begging to be included, and it also encouraged me to add more orange to the page.

DSC_9558.jpg

I found a touch of orange in the rainbow stripes of a branding strip from one of the papers from Crate Paper's The Pier collection, so I added that along the top, but the layout was still screaming for more orange! I added a tiny orange die cut, and then pulled out a misting mask (from my stash) and some orange mist that I made myself by mixing paint and water in a Mini Mister bottle. The result is warm and summery, and all totally inspired by a tiny flair button.

DSC_9560.jpg

DSC_9559.jpg

You'll be seeing even more exclusive flairs in future kits, and we'd love to hear what you, the subscribers, would like to see in both the flairs and the stamp sets. It's important to us that we produce kits that work for you, so please sound off in the comments, send us an email, or leave us a note on Facebook or Instagram if you have suggestions for future exclusive designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment