Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6 x 6 Paper Play

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I am sharing how I created layout using two pieces of pattern papers from the 6x6 paper pad. I wanted to create a green & yellow layout for this photo of me and my dad.

P5310916

The page does look a little summery with the bright yellow and green although I dedicate this layout for Father's Day.

P5310901

First, start cutting the two pieces of papers into strips. I hand cut them randomly, or you could use a paper trimmer too.

P5310906

Then arrange them on the white cardstcok (base) and add some machine stitching. Fold the edges of the strips up a little to add a little of dimension.

P5310922

Once I have stuck down the photo, I pulled out all the green & yellow embellishment from the kits and started arranging them on the page. Some close-up of my layout:

P5310923

Note: The green butterfly and 'happiness captured' fabric tabs are from my own stash ;)

P5310927

I hope this week post on how to use your 6x6 paper pad does inspire to create a layout. Thanks for looking and have a great day ahead!

3 comments:

  1. I love this page! Love the strips lifting up a bit and the wonderful photo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout too! I keep the design in my mind! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete